BASIC VOLLEYBALL RULES
- Server must serve from behind the end line until after contact, or behind the black line if your skill level permits.
- Serve must be returned by a bump only. No setting or attacking a serve over the net.
- Offense will score on a defense miss, out of bounds hit, or illegal contact.
- Defense will score on an offensive miss, out of bounds hit, foot fault, or serve into the net.
- Rally scoring, meaning a point is won by either team every serve.
- Game will be played to 25 pts.
- Must win by 2 points.
- Team will rotate each time they win back the serve.
- Players shall rotate in a clockwise manner.
Playing The Game
- Maximum of three hits per side.
- Player may not hit the ball twice in succession (A block is not considered a hit)
- A player may not jump to block or attack a serve.
Basic Rule Violations
- Stepping on or over the line on a serve.
- Failure to serve the ball over the net successfully.
- Hitting the ball illegally ( Carrying, Palming, Throwing, etc. )
- Touches of the net with any part of the body while the ball is in play.