- Handball is a fast pace game involving two teams of seven players who pass, throw, catch, and dribble a small ball with their hands while trying to score.
- The game starts with a jump ball, signaling that each team may move into its opponents side of the court
- The throw off is the method of starting play after every goal, the ball must go to the center then play can resume.
- Only the goalkeeper may enter the goal area-offensive players may jump throw into the goal area.
- Players may use any part of their bodies except their lower legs and feet to stop, hit, catch, or throw the ball
- They may not touch the ball twice in a row unless dribbling it, fumbling it, or passing it from one hand to the other meaning in effect they may not throw it to themselves
- Players can hold the ball for only 3 seconds before passing, dribbling, or shooting.
players may take only three steps after catching the ball. if players dribble, they may only take another three steps (3-3-3, is 3 steps, 3 dribbles, 3 steps)
Fouls and Penalties
- A free throw awarded for playing the ball illegally
- A player takes the free throw on the spot where the offense occurred,unless it occurred inside the free throw line.
- Players may not steal or strike the ball from other players, obstruct them with their arms or legs, or treat them roughly
Throw ins, Goal throws, and Corner throws,
- If the ball goes out of bounds over the sideline, the team that did not touch it last is allowed to throw from that spot
- If a ball that was last touch by an offensive player or the defending goalkeeper goes over the back line, the goalkeeper is awarded a goal throw out to a teammate
- Goalkeepers may defend the goal with any part of their bodies, including their feet
- It is never out on the goalie when it is coming off of a deflection.
Please watch the video below and write 2 sentences on something you learned through observation.